There are two important things I neglected to include in the previous post - apologies for the second email blast.
- Setup time is 10:00 am - please arrive around then if you can help with setup, and / or plan to stay around to help pack things up.
- If you are planning to fly a high-power rocket, please include information with your RSVP about what you're flying (size, weight, motor, expected altitude, whether it's a certification flight). That helps us be prepared to accommodate you; in particular, we need to know whether you need an FAA waiver window (above 8500') and whether you need a larger than typical launch pad.
If you are planning to attend this launch, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org so we have an estimate of how many people we will have. Thanks!
We are planning to hold a high-power launch at our NEW field near Addieville, IL. Since this is our first time visiting this field, please a) be appreciative of our hosts and respectful of their property, and b) be flexible and bear with us as we work out the details of launching from a new location.
Here are the details about our launch field / waiver:
- Maximum motor size: Simple N / Complex M (1000' clear radius from launch point)
- Waiver: 8500' AGL (approx. 9000' MSL) with call-in windows to 14500' AGL (approx. 15000' MSL).
- Launch Fee: $10 per flyer (all day), $5 for low-power only
- A porta-potty will be available.
Location and directions to field:
From the St. Louis area:
- Take I-64 east to IL-177 (Okawville)
- Turn right onto IL-177 W/E High St
- After 0.2 miles, turn left onto Hen House Rd
- After 0.7 miles, turn left onto 5th Street Rd
- After 1.2 miles, continue onto Hummingbird Rd
- After 1.3 miles, turn left onto IL-160 S
- After 3.4 miles, turn right onto Raven Rd
- Driveway will be 0.4 miles ahead on the right
SLRA is having our regular monthly meeting on Tuesday evening, November 8th, at our meeting location: Google Map Link
Bandana's Bbq Sunset Hills
11750 Gravois Road
Sunset Hills, Missouri, 63127
We are continuing to meet at Bandana’s BBQ Sunset Hills. Even though Bandana’s Sunset Hills doesn’t have a minimum food purchase, we are encouraging members to purchase something to support the use of the room. We have the room from 6:30 to 9:00 and we’ll need to leave promptly since 9 pm is the closing time.
The room will be available at 6:30 PM and the business meeting will start at about 7:00PM. We'll need to be out of the room by 9:00 PM (closing).
If you're a member of SLRA and are registered on the website, you can view minutes of previous meetings here: Meeting Minutes Page, The meeting minutes will be the basis of our "old business" discussion.
The standard agenda for all meetings is as follows:
1. Treasury Status.
2. Recognition of Achievements
3. Recognition of Contributions
4. Members expenses.
5. Old Business - please review minutes for last month's meeting for topics
6. New Business
Online and paper membership forms with payments received by mail to be processed by treasurer and president.
Please email email@example.com if you have new business for the meeting.