Since the second Tuesday in February falls on the 14th (Valentine's Day), we are moving the February meeting one week later to Tuesday, February 21. The time and location remain the same. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secretary, St. Louis Rocketry Association
I have been in contact with Gary Cole from the Springfield club about a repeat of last years two day joint launch. We have come up with a proposed date of June 3-4, 2017. We could not find a workable date in May. We will run a NAR contest as part of the event with me as the CD. I plan to include G helicopter as one of the events.
Let me know what you think.
Due to weather conditions, we are cancelling the January 29th high-power launch in Addieville. We are currently discussing rescheduling and will make another announcement when we have a new planning date. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
St. Louis Rocketry Association
As before, we have a few items from tonight's discussion to make you aware of:
- If you are planning to attend the Addieville launch on January 29 (still tentative until we know what the weather will be), please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP. We will need to stay in contact with flyers in case the weather is borderline, to make sure we don't put the expense and effort into setting up for a launch that no one attends.
- The January Addieville launch will be held under the same FAA waiver as the previous launch (standing waiver to 8500' AGL with call-in windows to 14500' AGL). We are pleased to report, however, that beginning in February, we will have a new, higher waiver: 17500' AGL standing, with no windows required! Thanks go to Rob Chapie and his contacts with the FAA for making this happen, along with thanks to the entire club for running safe launches and flying safe rockets - our good track record makes this possible.
- John Buckley and Gary Cole are interested in hosting a two-day launch in the spring at the Walnut Grove site. John's thought is to plan this for around the beginning of May, after farm field launches have wound down for the growing season. If you are interested in helping plan this event, please email email@example.com and I will pass your info on to John.
- I will soon be coming up with a launch schedule for our Buder Park launches. We will have something similar to last year, one launch per month and probably on the weekend following the monthly meeting, but we plan to try a mix of Saturday and Sunday dates. If you are interested in helping to plan and run these launches, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLRA is having our regular monthly meeting on Tuesday evening, January 10th, at our meeting location: Google Map Link
Bandana's Bbq Sunset Hills
11750 Gravois Road
Sunset Hills, Missouri, 63127
We are continuing to meet at Bandana’s BBQ Sunset Hills. Even though Bandana’s Sunset Hills doesn’t have a minimum food purchase, we are encouraging members to purchase something to support the use of the room. We have the room from 6:30 to 9:00 and we’ll need to leave promptly since 9 pm is the closing time.
The room will be available at 6:30 PM and the business meeting will start at about 7:00PM. We'll need to be out of the room by 9:00 PM (closing).
If you're a member of SLRA and are registered on the website, you can view minutes of previous meetings here: Meeting Minutes Page, The meeting minutes will be the basis of our "old business" discussion.
The standard agenda for all meetings is as follows:
1. Treasury Status.
2. Recognition of Achievements
3. Recognition of Contributions
4. Members expenses.
5. Old Business - please review minutes for last month's meeting for topics
6. New Business
Online and paper membership forms with payments received by mail to be processed by treasurer and president.
Please email email@example.com if you have new business for the meeting.